Our Les Lavieres plot is located on the hillside, and was planted in 1951. Savigny LES LAVIERES has a garnet colour, an elegant nose with redcurrant and violet notes, and a full, rounded mouthfeel with tannins that caress the palate.
At the turn of the 20th century, Auguste was working for other wine makers, riding all the way to Vougeot on his bike to make a living. He farmed and planted a few vines in Savigny.
Henry, born in 1921, worked the family vineyards, bought a few plots and expanded the holdings to approximately 4 ha. He worked with his wife, Helene. The vineyard wasn’t yet large enough to make a decent living, so Henry worked as both a wine maker and a broker.The job of broker suited him since he enjoyed the contact with people. In 1960 he started selling part of his production in bottles.
In 1966 he bought the Prieure, a Cistercian building dating from the late 18th century. This house, the new centre of the vineyard, became its image and the wines were sold under the name Domaine du Prieure.
Jean-Michel,, born in 1955, grew up surrounded by wine-growing and chose it as a career. After studying in Beaune and the University of Dijon, he joined his father in 1974 to operate the domaine.He started his own business in 1981, purchasing vineyards and planting new vineyards in Hautes Cotes de Beaune in particular - plots that had been farmed before the phylloxera crisis.
The estate reached 12.5 ha and the Prieure became too small to handle the production. In 1992 Jean-Michel and his wife, Yvonne, built a new winery at the entrance to the village.
This is the story of the domaine. Close to its past, respectful of the work and will that made this possiblebut also looking to the future: increased quality, respect for the material, working conditions improved and made easier by modern tools.
Since the early 2000s, Stephen represents the new generation in the domaine - the desire to make his own mark, to do well and write the next chapter in the family’s story.